A people-friendly initiative of Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervez Elahi
18 lakh bags of flour will be available daily at the sale points at the official rate
- A significant decision was taken in an emergency meeting to end the wheat and flour crisis under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Punjab Chaudhry Pervez Elahi.
- Chief Minister Punjab Ch. Pervaiz Elahi in the presence of Secretary Food Nader Chatta and Hamish Khan issued instructions to the higher authorities to decide the action plan within 24 hours.
And doubled the daily government quota of wheat for flour mills
- Cell points have also been doubled across the province of Punjab
- He said 18 lakh 40 thousand bags of 10 kg flour would be available at the government rate daily across Punjab.
- From Monday, flour mills will be released 26,000 tonnes of government wheat over their demand
- Increasing government quotas will significantly reduce private wheat and flour prices.